Today, orthodontic treatment is simple, convenient and affordable for patients of all ages. And an attractive smile is just one of the benefits. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment results in correctly aligned teeth that provide ideal jaw function and a great smile! Additionally, your teeth are easier to clean and more resistant to gum disease. Perhaps most importantly, orthodontic treatment almost always provides improved self-confidence.
How Does Treatment Work?
Each patient’s orthodontic condition requires a treatment plan based on a specialized diagnosis of the case. The treatment process involves X-rays, dental impressions and photographs. Braces have one aim: to use gentle pressure to move teeth into improved alignment. Treatment time varies depending on age, patient compliance and the severity of the condition.
- Standard Comprehensive Orthodontics
- Six Month Smiles Systems
- Invisalign “Clear Aligners”
Which system is best for you will be based on your specific alignment issues as well as your personal goals for treatment. The doctor will be happy to do an exam, answer any questions you may have, and recommend an option to help you reach that goal.'
Six Month Smiles
Watch Mia's story
We are the first dentist in the area to offer Six Months Smiles!
Area adults and older teenagers looking to straighten their teeth can now get the smile they have always wanted – in just six months – through a cosmetic-braces system now available.
At Smiles Of Skaneateles, Dr. Sean P. Smith, is the first dentist in the Skaneateles area to offer the Six Month Smiles System, designed specifically for adults and teenagers (over 16), who have crooked, crowded or spaced teeth – without major bite issues.
The technique offers tremendous advantages over traditional metal braces.
- Unlike the traditional braces people must often wear for two to four years, this procedure straightens teeth in an average of just six months and uses low forces to gently move teeth more comfortably.
- The Six Month Smiles System utilizes specialized clear brackets and tooth–colored wires - making them virtually invisible.
- The procedure requires fewer dentist visits and is typically less expensive than traditional braces.
- In addition, the Six Month Smiles System can result in healthier gums, since straight teeth are easier to clean than crooked teeth. For the first time patients can now get the radiant smile they’ve always dreamed of, without waiting years. Dr. Smith stresses the medical benefits of proper dental care, which helps fight against tooth wear and gum disease. Healthy teeth also encourage proper nutrition, help boost self – esteem and can reduce headaches and joint pain.
“I believe this is a great option for adults that have wanted to straighten their teeth, who otherwise would not want the expense or time commitment associated with traditional braces,” says Dr. Smith.
We encourage everyone to set up a FREE consult at Smiles of Skaneateles to see if Six Month Smiles is a good option for you.
If you are interested in scheduling your consult or just would like to learn more about Six Month Smiles, we encourage you to call us at 315-685-5874 or visit their webpage at www.6monthsmiles.com.
Invisalign is the clear way to straighten teeth without braces, using aligners. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing; and you can still eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth; and there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
Many of our patients had never considered traditional braces but are now happily and comfortably improving their smiles with Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
- Invisalign way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Series of clear, removable, custom-made Aligners.
- Uses no metal wires or brackets.
- Custom-made for comfort.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- Wear each set of Aligners for about two weeks.
- Remove only to eat, drink, brush and floss.
- Your teeth will move gradually each week.
- Visit us every 8-10 weeks.
- Total treatment time averages 6-15 months.
- Average number of Aligners is between 18 and 30.
Find out if Invisalign is right for you, visit their website and use their self-assessment tool. You can also find the answers to many other common questions. Just click here!